The Herald Sun FAQs
Q: How can I contact The Herald Sun?
Visit "Contact Us" link for more information.
Q: What does my subscription include?
Your subscription to The Herald Sun now includes the printed newspaper and unlimited access to all content on our newspaper's website (heraldsun.com), our mobile site (m.heraldsun.com), our iPhone and Android smartphone apps, and our electronic replica edition (E-Edition). The Herald Sun+ bundles all the ways you can read the Herald Suns's content into one All Access package. To access your Herald Sun+ digital access account, visit the link http://www.heraldsun.com/activate.
Q: How do I log into my subscription account the first time?
Click Register in the menu bar on the left side of the screen and follow the instructions provided.
Q: What do I do if I experience problems with The Herald Sun's website?
If you experience a problem navigating our sites, please email (@heraldsun.com). Describe the problem including the steps you took leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text (with error number if available) of any error message you receive. Any information you provide will help us find a solution more quickly.
Q: What if I forget my password?
If you forget the password to access your subscription account, please use Forgot Password. You must be able to provide the phone number or email address associated with your subscription account. A temporary password will be emailed to you.
If you forget your password for your DUR+ account, visit the link https://account.heraldsun.com/reset-password.
Q: What subscription customer services are available in here?
- Start a subscription
- Place your subscription on Vacation Hold
- Report a Service Issue
- Make a one-time payment or enroll in EZPay
Enroll in EZPay (automatic renewal) through credit card or bank draft. No more due dates to remember, no more postage and no more checks to write. Major credit cards accepted.
- Tip your Carrier or donate to Newspapers In Education
- Review your subscription account history
Q: How will I be billed for my newspaper subscription?
- If you enroll in EZPay, you will not receive a bill. Your credit card or bank account will be charged automatically.
- If you choose to be billed through the mail, you should receive your renewal notice three to four weeks prior to your subscription expiration date. All subscription payments are due upon receipt of your renewal notice. Your subscription may be extended for a limited time (grace period) after expiration unless you notify us otherwise.
Q: If I go on vacation how will I temporarily suspend delivery of my newspaper?
Login and proceed to Delivery Options > Vacation Holds to notify us of your vacation stop and restart dates. If you notify us in advance, we will suspend delivery of your newspaper while you are away. Here are some other options:
- Vacation Pack: We can have your carrier hold your papers while you are away and deliver all of them upon your return and resume delivery. (We must limit this to 14 days, however.)
- Vacation Stop with NIE Donation: You can donate the value of your newspapers to our Newspapers in Education (NIE) program, which provides funding which allows us to provide educators with copies of the newspaper (in print or digital replica) to use in the classroom.
- Vacation Will Call: Not sure when you will return? No problem. We can suspend your service until you contact us to resume delivery.
Q: Is it necessary to call to restart my subscription after it has been temporarily suspended?
If you provide a restart date when you suspend delivery, you do not need to call again to restart your delivery. However, if the restart date has changed, or was not provided when the account was suspended, you will need to speak to a customer service representative at 800-522-4205.
Q: How do I report a problem with my newspaper delivery?
Log in and proceed to Delivery Options > Delivery Feedback if your newspaper is missing, damaged or incomplete. Or you may call Customer Service at 800-522-4205. Your account will be credited for that day's delivery if redelivery is unavailable. Most customers can expect newspaper delivery by 6:00 am Monday-Saturday and by 7:00 am on Sundays. However, delivery in rural areas could be later as routes are longer. If you live in our redelivery area and report a problem before 11:00am Sunday, we can send a replacement copy to you or you can receive credit.
Q: Are there any terms and conditions to my subscription offer?
Automatic Renewal Terms: Offer available only for non-subscribers within the home delivery area. If you respond to this offer but do not qualify for introductory pricing, we reserve the right to reject your order or prorate your subscription term to reflect current subscription pricing. Offer not valid for mail delivery. For your convenience, your subscription will automatically renew after the initial term at the current rate unless you tell us to cancel. All subscriptions include applicable sales tax. Notice of rate change will be mailed or emailed to the subscriber billing/email address prior to the rate change effective date. Any past due balance may be deducted prior to the subscription start. By providing your phone number and email address, you give The Herald-Sun and its vendors permission to contact you. Payments and credits will extend your expiration date. There is a one-time activation fee of $9.99 for new starts. Digital subscriptions include the heraldsun.com, iPad apps, smartphone apps, mobile websites and e-Edition. Smartphone apps are not supported on all devices; does not include Kindle, or Nook edition. Digital access requires activation at heraldsun.com/activate. In 2019, all subscriptions will include delivery on Thanksgiving Day. You can cancel at any time by contacting our customer service center at 1-919-794-4280. Your subscription is subject to the Terms of Service at http://www.heraldsun.com/terms-of-service/.